Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

SitRep: Plants

Wow...haven't posted since April.  Yeah, the end of the school year just got really busy with end of term projects and graduation.  Found out I had to redo my PACT which was more stressful than it needed to be. (Yes, I did pass it the second time around.)  Then moved back to Dad's, went to a regional Young Single Adult conference then spent a week in Maine for the Hobbs family reunion (more on that later).  Plus remembering to transfer pictures from my iPod (better camera) to my computer...I know, I know, excuses, excuses.  But, hey, I'm back and here's the situation with my plants...

Raspberry plant:  dead...methinks it got over-watered, or too much sun or some combination of the two.  I'll try again next season with a fresh plant.

Herbs: I give up!  Two years in a row and complete failure!  I was just sent an article about herbs, I'll read that and see if it will give some insight to what I'm doing wrong.

Garden plants:  So the garden spot at my dad's needs a little more work than I originally thought and there is no way I could get it done before I needed to transplant my starters.  In fact the entire yard needs a lot of work, so that is my project for the summer.  Get the weeds out and re-line all the beds, maybe even plant a few bushes.  Basically get it back under control and then I can focus on planting a garden.

Flowers:  I think there was something wrong with the bulbs because they did not look right once they started to really sprout.  Unfortunately the pot was knocked over and broke so I will have to start all over with those.  No biggie.

However, my Peruvian Lilly has bloomed it was absolutely gorgeous!!


 Still waiting on the Orientals to bloom though.  So there was some success.  Hopefully next year I'll get even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment